Over the years, you may have heard many business leaders, entrepreneurs and spiritual teachers speak on the importance and power of Gratitude. More recently, however, scientists have also been studying and concluding the positive effects of Gratitude in several areas of an individual’s life.
Positive effects of Gratitude
In the year 2018, The Greater Good Science Centre published a paper called “The Science of Gratitude” that outlined the following benefits of having a gratitude practice –
Sense of Wellbeing
More satisfaction in work and relationships
Better physical health
Better quality sleep
Greater courage and confidence
Development of patience, humility, and wisdom.
This study also showed that people who practice gratitude likely have better social skills and problem solving abilities.
Daily Practice of Gratitude
In of the recent studies on Gratitude, A research group assigned participants into three groups to study the effects of Gratitude:
Group One did a daily writing exercise on gratitude including writing thank you notes and appreciation letters to other people.
Group Two practiced gratitude occasionally.
Group Three didn’t practice Gratitude at all.
At the end of the study, the researchers analyzed their findings and determined that gratitude does 3 things:
1. Few minutes of gratitude practice can lift our mood and relieve our sadness.
2. Gratitude disconnects us from negative emotions. Writing daily what we are grateful for especially helps “shift our attention” from negative to positive things.
3. Expressing gratitude helps us even if we don’t explicitly share it with someone. We are happier and more satisfied with life if we adopt the attitude of gratitude because we simply learn to appreciate life more.
4. The positive effects of gratitude keep increasing daily Just like our muscles that get stronger when exercised regularly. This means the more you continue with your Gratitude practice, the more you begin to experience deeper desirable changes in your life.
Harness the Power of Gratitude with these powerful Rituals
Gratitude can be equally helpful for all generations – children, youth, adults and elders. Regardless of who you are or what the current circumstances you are surrounded with, your life can be better, it deserves to be better and Gratitude can immensely help you in making it so!
These rituals can empower you to dive deeper into the spirit and energy of Gratitude-
1. Develop a consistent gratitude practice where you not only write what you are grateful for, but you also feel it. Here’s how to do it- Start each sentence with, “ I am so grateful for___________because__________________.
For example, “I am so grateful for my parents because of the love, support, trust and encouragement they have showered on me over the years.”
When you write down and express the reasons why you are grateful, you start to go into the depths of gratitude and it won’t simply be a mechanical exercise which really does nothing to bring about any powerful changes within you.
2. Look into the mirror each morning and appreciate who you are. Look at yourself with love. Express gratitude to the universe for your body, beauty, strength, abilities and the numerous gifts you have been blessed with. Give yourself a hug and say, “ I am so grateful for myself and my life.” This is important because often we so lack in the department of valuing, accepting, and appreciating our own selves that we start looking for love and acceptance from others. Gratitude can help you fill your own cup of self love which will help you attract more love and joy into your life.
3. Develop a Gratitude mindset. This can be done by slowing down, pausing, reflecting and enjoying all that you are experiencing. You can do this by bringing mindfulness to whatever you are doing. Take a few deep breaths every couple of hours in the day. Then smile and say, For this ________(whatever it is that you are doing), I am grateful. With practice, this mindfulness practice will change your perspective and outlook in life. You will notice early signs of stress and cope with it more easily and powerfully.
In conclusion, doing these rituals will change your dominant vibration, which will automatically start changing the results you are getting – whether it is health, finances or relationships that you want to improve. But remember Consistency and Discipline will be keys to go into the depths of gratitude and bring positive changes faster than you can imagine. So why delay? Test for yourself, the Power and Magic of Gratitude. You will be glad you did!
To your Success
Dr Karishma Ahuja
Have you read, “The Healing Power of Gratitude” by Dr Karishma Ahuja? It has 51 powerful practices to experience the magic of Gratitude at the mental, emotional, physical and spiritual levels of your consciousness.
Cannot seem to find a way to let go of the past? Forgiveness 21 days course will help you to stop looking back and instead feel lighter and happier in the present, bringing you more peace and love. Start your cleaning journey here: Forgiveness 21 days course.
About Dr Karishma Ahuja
Dr. Karishma Ahuja is a Metaphysical Counselor specializing in Law of Attraction, Forgiveness practices and Inner child healing therapy based on the Hawaiian Problem solving technique of Ho’oponopono. She has coached thousands of children and adults over the last 16 years and offers various courses and personal coaching programs on manifestation, mind power, energy cleaning and positive thinking. Dr Ahuja writes a weekly Colum for the Hindustan Times and shares her inputs for success on various media portals like Times of India, Zee News, Midday, Tax Guru, etc. She is the author of 2 popular Self help books – “The Healing Power of Words” and “The Healing Power of Gratitude.”
How Gratitude can Change your life and results Click To Tweet