Everyone wants to be happy. We all know happiness is very important for Wellbeing. But many of us fail in our quest for happiness for one simple reason: We look for it where it is not to be found. Can we always be happy? Can we really create happiness on our own?
Here are few important things about happiness that will help us to create more of it in our lives –
- Happiness is a feeling, not a circumstance – It is a cause, not a result. Our happiness depends not on what happens to us, but what happens ‘in’ us. In other words, happiness can only be created by us not by what people do to us or what we experience. If we think others can make us happy or we will be happy when we have this or that, then we are thinking wrongly. it’s the way we choose to think about our lives. This means that “People are generally as happy as they are willing to be.” A great metaphysical proverb tells us that pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional.
- Feeling of Happiness must be practiced – Just as you get better at doing something when you practice it often, So it is the case with happiness too. We get better at it the more we practice it. Feelings comes from thoughts. Positive thoughts generate positive feelings within us. So if we want to feel happy, we must work on shifting our thoughts to positive ones that promote feeling of happiness. As are your thoughts, so are your experiences. We got to practice thinking good thoughts. People with gloomy outlook and pessimism need to re-train their minds. For many people, it takes discipline and practice to think positively. When positivity reflects in our thoughts and words, it will reflect in our feelings and reality too.
- The Happiness formula: Common attributes of happy people – What are the special qualities of happy people? Well, it’s not money, fame, or good looks. It’s not even intelligence or talent. It’s the following –
- They Count their blessings and value their family and friends
In life it is very important to be Grateful and have harmonious personal relationships. To create happiness: Choose to see and appreciate the silver lining always the half-full glass. rather than half empty glass, It is about focusing on what’s working for us rather than counting the things that are currently going wrong in our lives.
2. They Forgive more easily
Most people carry with them all their past failures, mistakes, pains, and fears. Learn to let go of what happened, so you can focus your energy on what is in the present. The past cannot be changed, but your future can. Spend your day with this simple thought, “ I am willing to forgive and let go.”
3. They accept and love themselves:
The day you learn to love yourself with all your flaws and weaknesses will be one of the happiest days of your life. When you truly love yourself, happiness is not an option, it’s a must because you value yourself enough to know that you deserve only the best. One way to practice self love is to keep encouraging yourself. Keep reminding yourself you are special and you will certainly succeed in everything you do.
Dr Karishma Ahuaj, PhD
Also read: Ho’oponopono for Peace and Success